Some quick facts on WA regulations
Standard Lottery (raffle)
To conduct a raffle you will be required to obtain a permit from the Gaming and Wagering Commission of Western Australia. There are 6 different types of lotteries but the one which applies for an online raffle is called the Standard Lottery (raffle)
- You need a permit for either a 7 day or 3 month raffle
- All tickets must be sold at the price authorised by the permit.
- The price of every ticket shall be the same.
- If using a random number-generating device it must be certified.
- Financial records must be kept for one year after the permit has expired.
- Maximum number of tickets sold must not exceed the number authorised by the permit.
- Children under 12 years can not sell tickets.
To obtain a permit please complete the following form Standard Lottery (raffle) license form.
Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor Phone (08) 9425 1888.